Filming and photography
Filming and commercial photography at the Beatles Story
1. Applications for permission to use the premises of the Beatles Story attraction, or to film exhibits or other objects from the collections of the Beatles Story follow the same general procedure. A synopsis of the film or programme will first be requested for consideration by Richard Hector-Jones at Creative Concern. Contact details can be found on the Media page.
2. Copyright, where applicable, must be cleared before filming can take place.
3. The agreed acknowledgement should appear in the opening or closing credits.
4. Please note: a facility fee for filming on the premises may be charged at current rates, according to the circumstances and timing of filming.
5. The applicant/production company carrying out the filming must adhere to current health and safety regulations regarding the equipment/gear being used by them.
6. The applicant/production company accepts full responsibility for any damage to life or property consequential to the filming.
7. Prior to filming, all electrical power and lighting requirements must be discussed with relevant Beatles Story staff.
8. The Beatles Story will take no responsibility for any loss or damage to any equipment/gear belonging to the applicant/production company, or any personal possessions of the crew/participants while on museum property.
Filming guidelines on day of visit
The Beatles Story's Press Office would like your visit to be successful. To ensure that all images, interviews etc. are successfully acquired and also that our visitors are catered for, please follow these simple guidelines.
1. All filming, interviews and photography must be arranged directly through the Press Office, NOT with any other members of Beatles Story staff or other external body.
2. Please arrive on time - we have a very busy schedule of press visits and each visit must be accompanied by a Press Officer.
3. On arrival please check in at the Front Desk at the Main Entrance.
4. Under no circumstance must the arranged filming / interviews be altered (either time / place or content) without express approval of the Press Office.
5. Please note that the Beatles Story can be busy. Please be considerate at all times of other visitors. Inconvenience to visitors must be kept to a minimum at all times.
6. The Beatles Story can be noisy! It is preferable that music / commentary etc is not turned off to avoid inconveniencing other visitors. If this is a requirement we suggest arranging an out-of-hours visit which can be arranged with the Press Office.
7. Apart from any exhibits / installations which are specifically designed to be handled, no objects can be handled, touched or moved. However, if these objects are of particular interest, arrangements may be made for the Curator to handle them. Please note this can take time to organise and must be arranged through the Press Office.
8. Due to time constraints the Press Office will reserve the right to stop filming at any point. Likewise if the filming is deemed to disrupt the visitor experience in an unacceptable way.
9. Interviews with staff OR visitors may only take place with the Press Office's approval and then only with agreement with the interviewee. The filming or interviewing of children may only take place with the express permission of their parent or guardian.
10. Please note that there is limited power available in the Beatles Story and it is preferred that equipment is battery operated. If this is not possible please contact the Press Office prior to your visit.
11. If you wish to take any exterior shots of Beatles Story or wish to film on the areas outside the attraction, permission must be gained from the Liverpool Film Office. Details below:
Liverpool Film Office
The Capital 10th Floor
39 Old Hall Street
Contact: Tracey Owen (Film Liason Officer)
Tel: 0151 600 2916
It's quick and easy to buy your tickets online, so why not book your tickets in advance today?
The Beatles Story app
Download the official Beatles Story app.
Excellent Group rates available for groups of 10+ people. Click here for more information.